EMAIL SENT TO REGISTERED RACERS JULY 24
Thank you for registering for the Krista Griesacker Memorial Adventure Race on July 29th!
The maps are set, CP’s are ready, the water is being cooperative (at least it was this weekend when we tested itJ), all the poison ivy is where it should be, the
temperatures promise to be hot and sticky, the terrain promises to push your lactic acid limits ---- we are set to go!
- This is a USARA Regional Qualifier; our premier division for this race is the open coed/3 category.
- NOTE for teams wanting to qualify for USARA Nationals. (designed this year by GOALSJ) We will submit the top 15 coed 3 and open division 3 person teams, followed by
the 2 person teams to USARA.
- Speaking of categories, if we have only one team registered in a masters category, that team will be moved to the open category.
- Please bring exact change for your USARA license fee. $8.00 or $35 if joining for the year. Cash or checks made payable to USARA
- We will be doing check in on Friday evening July 31 from 6:30-8:00 pm. The team meeting will follow. Please make every effort to be there. You will receive maps and
race specific information. At least one team mate MUST be there on Friday evening. HIGHLY recommend all teammates are there Friday.
- We will be collecting paddles, pfd’s and canoe seats on Friday night. A paddle bag (labeled with team name/#) is HIGHLY recommended, as it makes transporting them
much easier for everyone. We will only transport, paddles, pfd’s and canoe seats. For those not bringing their own paddles and pfd’s, we will have them available from our
- The canoes seat 2 people, we recommend you bring a canoe seat of some sort for the paddler in the mid-section of the canoe.
- We will have a pasta dinner available on Friday night on a first come, first serve basis. The cost is $5/person. There are also several fast food and sit down
restaurants in Hamburg (about 15 minutes away). They can be located at the intersection of Route 78 and Route 61.
- Be prepared to load your bikes on a trailer for transport on Saturday morning. Have your bikes in the parade field, grouped by team by 6:45 am.
Each bike should have a rear red flashing light and front light.
- Be prepared to carry all your mandatory gear with you for the entire race. There will be no central TA area to return to.
- Don’t forget, this is a benefit race for the Civil Air Patrol, an all volunteer organization that saves hundreds of lives each year. Help us to honor Krista’s
memory, and support this search and rescue school by raising some pledge money. We will be giving prizes to the racer who raises the most money for the school
- We will also have a 50/50 raffle at check in. You could walk home with some extra cash.
If needed, we will send out a final email later in the week. Thanks again and we’ll see you shortly!