Mandatory Individual Gear
Each racer must have the following gear at all times during the race This is a minimum list for this event. You are welcome to
carry any other equipment you feel is necessary. Racers are responsible for carrying all their own food and water for the entire race.
- Racing bib (unaltered, with no additional logo placement, worn and visible from the front throughout the entire
event). (provided by GOALS
- Headlamp (hands free and water-resistant with one extra set of batteries and in working order)
- Hydration System/water bottles
- Waterproof jacket
- Protective eyewear
- (recommended) Sunscreen, insect reppellent, lip
- Bike helmet
- Duct tape (recommended)
- Rear bike light (red and flashing) – each bike should have
- Front mounted bike light
- Rappel harness
- Leather gloves for rappel
Canoe paddles, pfd’s and canoes will be provided. Racers may
bring their own paddles and pfd's if they choose.
Mandatory Team Gear
Teams must at all times possess the following mandatory team gear in addition to the mandatory individual gear being carried
by all team members:
- Compasses (2, carried by separate individuals)
- Waterproof map carrying case
- Check Point Passport (provided by GOALS ARA)
- At least one operational charged and waterproofed cell phone
- First Aid Kit suitable for all teammates (please refer to recommended breakdown)
- Electrolyte replacement tabs or powder
- Analgesic tablets (at least 3)
- Antacid tablets (at least 3)
- Decongestant tablets (at least 3)
- Antihistamine tablets (at least 6)
- 1 inch bandages (3)
- Half-inch adhesive tape (1 roll of at least 25 feet, duct tape is OK)
- Moleskin or blister treatment (enough to supply 3 teammates)
- Sewing needle
- First aid tweezers
- Antibiotic ointment packets (at least 3)
- Water purification tablets (at least 12)
- Any personal medications. If you are allergic to bees, you must bring
- Throw bag (1 per team, minimum of 25 feet in length) (safety line used when boating. Available at
canoe/boat stores, and certain outfitters.
- Bilge pump or bailer (1 per team)
Knife ( Locking or fixed 2 inch minimum blade)
- 2 extra bicycle inner tubes or a minimum of two patches (appropriate size).
- Repair kit (multi tool with Phillips and flat head screw drivers, chain break tool, allen wrench set, two
tire levers, at a minimum). Note…one per team is OK.
- Recommended Gear
**GOALS Racers can get a 20% discount on water purifcation systems, insect repellents, first aid supplies and much
more from our sponsors at Sawyer.
Use the code "GOALS"