Mandatory Individual Gear
This is a minimum list for this event. You are welcome to carry any other equipment you feel is necessary. Racers are responsible for carrying all their
own food and water.
- Racing bib (unaltered, with no additional logo placement, worn and visible from the front throughout the entire event).
(provided by GOALS ARA)
- Headlamp (hands free and water-resistant with at least one extra set of batteries and in working
- Hydration System/water bottles
- Bike Lock
- Mountain bike (yes, we do get that question a lot!)
- Protective eyewear
- Sunscreen, Lip balm (recommended)
- Dry bag (individual or bag large enough for all team gear is OK)
- Bike helmet
- Duct tape (recommended) (6 feet minimum)
- Front bike light mounted on the front of the bicycle and projecting a white light.
- Rear bike light (red and flashing)
- Water Purification System**
- Knife (Locking or fixed-blade, 2 inch minimum
- We stongly recommend a Personal
PFD (Type I, II or III)
Canoes for teams and kayaks for solos will be provided.
Teams may also bring their own paddles, canoe seats and pfd’s.
Clearly labeled with team name/#
Mandatory Team Gear
Teams must at all times possess the following mandatory team gear in addition to the mandatory individual gear being carried by all team
- Waterproof map carrying case
- Compasses (2, carried by separate individuals)
- UTM Plotting Tool
- Check Point Passport (provided by GOALS ARA)
- At least one operational cell phone, charged and waterproofed in zip lock bag
- First Aid Kit suitable for all three
teammates (please refer to recommended breakdown)
- Electrolyte replacement tabs or powder
- Analgesic tablets (for 3 team members)
- Antacid tablets (for 3 team members)
- Decongestant tablets (for 3 team members)
- Antihistamine tablets (for 3 team members)
- 1 inch bandages (3)
- Half-inch adhesive tape (1 roll of at least 25 feet, duct tape
- Moleskin or blister treatment (enough to supply 3
- Sewing needle
- First aid tweezers
- Antibiotic ointment packets (at least 3)
- Throw bag (1 per team, minimum of 25 feet in length)-- safety line used when boating. Available at
canoe/boat stores, and certain outfitters.
- Bilge pump or bailer (1 per
- 2 extra bicycle inner tubes or a minimum of two patches (appropriate size).
- 26:" and 29" tubes are required if you have both bike sizes
on your team
- Repair kit (multi tool with Phillips and flat head screw drivers, chain break tool, allen wrench set, two tire levers, at a minimum). Note…one per team is OK.
**GOALS Racers can get a 20% discount on water purifcation systems, insect repellents, first aid supplies and much more from
our sponsors at Sawyer.
Use the code "GOALS"