Mandatory Individual Gear
This is a minimum list for this event. You are welcome to carry any other equipment you feel is necessary. Racers are responsible for carrying all their
own food and water.
- Racing bib (unaltered, with no additional logo placement, worn and visible from the front throughout the entire event).
(provided by GOALS ARA)
- Headlamp (hands free and water-resistant with at least one extra set of batteries and in working
- Hydration System/water bottles
- Mountain bike (yes, we do get that question a lot!)
- Protective eyewear
- Sunscreen, Lip balm (recommended)
- Dry bag (individual or bag large enough for all team gear is OK)
- Bike helmet
- Duct tape (recommended) (6 feet minimum)
- Front bike light mounted on the front of the bicycle and projecting a white light.
- Rear bike light (red and flashing)
- Water Purification System (recommended)
- Knife (Locking or fixed-blade, 2 inch minimum
Canoes for teams and kayaks for solos will be provided.
Teams may also bring their own paddles, canoe seats and pfd’s.
Clearly labeled with team name/#
Mandatory Team Gear
Teams must at all times possess the following mandatory team gear in addition to the mandatory individual gear being carried by all team
- Waterproof map carrying case
- Compasses (2 recommended, carried by separate individuals)
- UTM Plotting Tool
- Check Point Passport (provided by GOALS ARA)
- At least one operational cell phone, charged and waterproofed in zip lock bag
- First Aid Kit suitable for all three
teammates (please refer to recommended breakdown)
- Electrolyte replacement tabs or powder
- Analgesic tablets (for 3 team members)
- Antacid tablets (for 3 team members)
- Decongestant tablets (for 3 team members)
- Antihistamine tablets (for 3 team members)
- 1 inch bandages (3)
- Half-inch adhesive tape (1 roll of at least 25 feet, duct tape
- Moleskin or blister treatment (enough to supply 3
- Sewing needle
- First aid tweezers
- Antibiotic ointment packets (at least 3)
- Throw bag (1 per team, minimum of 25 feet in length)-- safety line used when boating. Available at
canoe/boat stores, and certain outfitters.
- Bilge pump or bailer (1 per
- 2 extra bicycle inner tubes or a minimum of two patches (appropriate size).
- 26:" and 29" tubes are required if you have both bike sizes
on your team
- Repair kit (multi tool with Phillips and flat head screw drivers, chain break tool, allen wrench set, two tire levers, at a minimum). Note…one per team is OK.
**GOALS Racers can get a 20% discount on water purifcation systems, insect repellents, first aid supplies and much more from
our sponsors at Sawyer.
Use the code "GOALS"