This is a minimum list for this event. You are welcome to carry any other equipment you feel is necessary. Racers are responsible for carrying all their own
food and water for the entire race.
Racing bib (unaltered, with no additional logo placement, worn and visible from the front throughout the entire event). Provided by GOALS ARA. Return at end of race.
(Minimum of USCG Type III) OR you may use one provided by race staff
bike & bike helmet
Sunscreen, Lip balm (recommended)
light. - MANDATORY for 6 HR racers
bike light (OK to tape a headlight onto your handlbars) -
MANDATORY for 6 HR Racers.
Canoe paddles and PFD's will be provided but racers may bring their own
Canoes will be provided
Mandatory Team Gear
Teams must at all times possess the following mandatory team gear in addition to the mandatory individual gear
being carried by all team members:
Those in the solo division are responsible for this gear as well
- Waterproof map carrying case
- Check Point Passport (provided by GOALS ARA)
- First Aid Kit suitable for all three teammates
- Pen or fine point marker
- At least one operational charged cell phone (water proofed in zip lock bag)
- Bilge pump or bailer (1 per team) (small bucket OK)
- Knife (Locking or fixed-blade, 2 inch minimum)
- Extra bicycle inner tubes or a minimum of two patches (appropriate size).
- Repair kit (multi tool with Phillips and flat head screw drivers, chain
break tool, allen wrench set, two tire levers, at a minimum). Note…one per team is OK.
- 6 -9 feet of ROPE (that you don't care if it gets wet) - this is for tying up your canoe
NO GPS PERMITTED