The Cradle of Liberty Sprint Adventure Race
Sunday June 2, 2013
Hibernia County Park - Wagontown, PA
20 miles/6 hour adventure race
10 miles/3 hour sprint course
TWO GREAT RACES IN ONE GREAT DAY!
The Cradle of Liberty Sprint Adventure Race is a great race for those new to the sport, as well as for those seasoned athletes looking for a challenge. We'll give you 6 hours to complete the 20 mile course.
Approximate race distances.......
5 miles of running, trekking, orienteering
10 miles of mountain biking
5 miles of canoe paddling plus fun team challenges.
If you can't commit to the day for the 6 hour course, or are just getting your athletic toes back up and running, then try out the 3 hour adventure sprint. You'll get all the challenge and fun of the longer course but with half the distances.
No navigational “plotting” experience required for either race. If you can read a map, you can do this !
Grab some friends and come on out for a great, fun challenge!
Race Day Details
8am-9:45am Race Check in
10:00am Team Meeting
10:30 Race Start for both 3 & 6 hour races
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL RACES WEAR LONG PANTS AND LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS (POISON IVY)
6 HOUR RACERS WILL NEED 1 COMPASS PER TEAM
EMAIL SENT OUT TO RACERS 5/24:
Thank you for registering for the Cradle of Liberty Sprint Adventure Race on June 2
Make sure to download the pdf on the website that outlines general race information, driving directions, race rules, etc. It can be found here: http://goalsara.org/races/2013-races/cradle-of-liberty-sprint-ar/
Here are some more race specifics to help you in your planning:
- The start/finish of the race will take place at Pavilion #4. You will also be able to transition at that area between each leg of the race
- There is very limited water available on the race course.
- Please come to the start with your water bottles/bladders filled.
- Expect the following race format: an opening event where you will get your passport. The passport will determine if your team does the foot section or bike, or does the paddle. Teams will rotate throughout the day. There are team challenges as well
- 1-you may leave bike helmets and bike shoes attached to your bikes when you are not biking
- 2- you do not have to carry paddle equipment around with you for the entire race. You only need it for the canoe section
- Required gear to be carried at all times includes: Water, whistle, protective eyewear, map case/map/passport, first aid kit, pen/pencil, cell phone, knife
- We highly recommend wearing long pants/shirts. There’s lots of poison ivy out there
- 6 HOUR RACERS: YOU WILL NEED A COMPASS FOR THIS RACE. ONE PER TEAM
- At 9am on race day we will offer a mini clinic on adventure racing for those new to our events. We will also offer a mini compass class for those 6 hr racers who may need it.
We are still in need of volunteers. If a friend or family member helps out on your behalf, you will receive the 20% discount to your next GOALS ARA race. Please email me if you think you have someone who can lend a hand.
Feel free to pop us an email with any race questions you may have. We will send out a final email on Wednesday before the race.
Anne Gibbons- Race Director
Bill Gibbons – Race Director
Bruce Kuo – Course Designer
Solo male and female
Single gender team of 2 or 3
Co-ed team of 2 or 3
Masters Division (combined team age of 120 years for team of 3)
Masters single gender team of 2 or 3
Masters Co-ed team of 3
Race Registration fee: 20 mile course
$75 per person for those that register by May 5
$80 per person after that date as spaces permit
Race Registration fee: 10 mile course
$50 per person for those that register by May 5
$55 per person after that date as spaces permit
Price includes: ultra wicking T-shirt; canoe, paddle, PFD rental; goodie bag; post race food; maps; passport
Or print out and mail in registration form. Download below
For ten years GOALS ARA has been raising funds for organ donor awareness. Please join us in helping those in need of organ transplants. Click here for all your fundraising information. We are asking each racer to try and raise at least $50 for this event.
We recommend any hotels in the Exton area (19341). There is also a KOA campground in Coatesville, PA (http://www.philadelphiakoa.com/)
All racers are required to carry the mandatory minimum gear. For the list of gear requirements click here.
Various prizes will be awarded at the race, with the top prize going to those teams in the 3 person co-ed gender division.